BY EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) CLOSING FRIDAY 8 OCTOBER 2021
Off Market Hotels have been exclusively appointed to offer for sale the freehold going concern interest & adjoining parcels of land at Peninsula Caravan Park Cooktown, for sale by way of an Expression of Interest campaign.
Peninsula Caravan Park is being sold as a going concern park with two adjoining Lots, amalgamated into one, over 71,000 square metres.
Peninsula is located in the thriving tourist town of Cooktown, gateway to Cape York. The Existing Park is situated on 46,500 square metres (11.5 acres). Improvements: 12 Cabins, 80 sites, 2 amenities blocks, 3 bedroom house, 3 bay workshop/storage shed, and supports a large freeform in-ground swimming pool.
Peninsula is positioned at the base of Mt Cook, boasting a natural bush setting, unique stand of Melaleuca trees, natural rocky outcrop landscapes, two seasonal creeks running through property, abundant wildlife and access to walking tracks to Finch Bay and Mt Cook.
This is an exclusive opportunity in a rapidly developing tourist town with increased domestic travel tourism, Cape York travel boom and local building and development unable to cater for accommodation expansion.
The two parcels of adjoining land offer significant development opportunity for expansion and diversification.
The second adjoining land on the western border is 20,200 square metres (5 acres) vacant block of land. The land has three street frontage.
Adjoining the park at the front of the property, is a 4,047 square metre vacant block (1 acre), included in the sale. This land allows for an addition to the existing park. The land has two street frontage.
The park has been previously owned and operated by a sole operator for over 45 years.
This rare opportunity allows for an astute buyer to increase the footprint of the park, to include capital improvements and potentially own and operate one of North Queensland’s largest tourist park. The sheer size of the amalgamated parcel of land on offer, combined with the natural aspects inherent to the property and its location within the town, will deliver a forward-thinking and creative developer, endless possibilities.
We are instructed to present all offers and arrange all inspections. Interested parties will be required to complete a company profile and confidentiality agreement prior to receiving any information. We are instructed by the vendors, that the park can be sold prior to the end of the campaign.
For all enquiries/inspections please contact Shane Mullins: 0447 185 001 Chris Cameron 0477 271 875
- Existing Tourist Park located in the thriving tourist town of Cooktown; gateway to Cape York; on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef and a stepping-stone to Lizard Island and the Ribbons Reefs – some of the best Marlin Fishing grounds in the world
- Existing park with all improvements situated on 46,500 sqm
- 12 cabins, 80 sites, 2 amenities blocks, in-ground pool
- 3 bedroom manager’s house, with large 3 bay workshop/storage shed
- Adjoining land 20,200 sqm, 3 street frontage, adjacent to the existing park
- Adjoining land 4,047 sqm, 2 street frontage, adjacent to the front of the Park
- Real development opportunity to amalgamate all Lots to enhance and expand the existing site
- Potentially North Queensland Largest Tourist Park
- Total site over 71,000 sqm